Monday, September 10, 2007

Little Girl SWAP continued

This weekend I vacuumed my sewing room. It has been a while! Now I am getting ready to start sewing. I found these two pictures to illustrate my dd's fitting issue:


The first picture was taken in 2004 when I made the jumper. It is a size 1/2. The other picture was taken when she found it last week and told me that it was the best fabric ever. I am debating between making it a skirt that I would let her wear out of the house, or making some leggings to go under it. In order to be "in", I would probably need to use the striped jersey I have. The stripes are pink/white/orange/lime. And the colors match.

We went to Joann Fabric this weekend, and found some fushia french terry that will make these cute pants, and some teal twill to make pants that will coordinate with some other fabric I have in stash. I made up a storyboard for my sewing too. I have all the pattern directions from Ottobre copied out and pinned up on the board along with swatches of the intended fabric. I got two shirts traced out yesterday. I had her try on a pair of pants that I made in early 2005 with this pattern that she never wore because they were a sewing flop. I am happy to report that I will merely have to lengthen the legs a lot, and maybe increase the crotch depth a smidge instead of tracing the whole pattern. She will need elastic added to the pattern still...I have a cute striped cord, but I don't know if I want to "waste" it on pants! I may use it for the bottom cuff parts, since I have a matching violet that coordinates well. I am probably going to make a fleece top to match (like the little girl in the striped pants).

I traced off this shirt, and have the coordinating pants directions copied. The other shirt I am going to make is this one from the Winter 2006. I am also going to make this jumper in an embellished denim.

1 comment:

Michelle G. said...

Wow, your daughter has grown up so much! She looks like such a little lady. It's so much fun to sew for a girl.

Michelle G. from NMSL