So looking back, I didn't do terribly badly (I kept my intake under 100 yards), but I didn't "lose" fabric. I didn't sew nearly as much this year as I did last year, which isn't surprising with my small helpers underfoot.
Yardage Out/Used: 37
Yardage In: 70.75
Items Sewn: 38
Fabric spending: $251
Notions/Patterns/etc. spending: $156.24
UFO's Finished: 3
Items mended/altered: 10
I will admit, I *still* haven't managed a bra. I am determined to get one done this year though! I also didn't manage a fair entry. I need to start planning for that NOW so I don't think about it 1 week before the fair again...
I have decided to aim to sew up 101 yards in the next 1001 days. That gives me plenty of time! I need to follow my sister's example and aim for something like this and knock out a bunch of yardage at once. Too bad I don't have enough of any given yardage to do make something like that. And I'm not sure if I would
This year I will be sewing a flower girl dress and a Jr. Bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding on May 1st, and a First Holy Communion dress for May 2nd. Of course, I probably will be buying fabric for those items! My future SIL and brother have picked a color and given me free reign on the design. I need to order fabric from David's Bridal to match the older girls, but hey, it is still a lot cheaper than paying $50+ for a dress!
I am dedicating January to a maternity shirt for someone else, and my UFO's and mending. After that, I am hoping to put together a mini-SWAP for myself for Spring, and sew up some of the lovely stretch satin knits and laces I got from a co-op into some pretty nightwear. Then I will move onto the formal sewing so the girls don't grow too much between when I finish the dresses and the events they will need them for!
No comments:
Post a Comment