Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy Birthday!

baby and button baby
Isn't she cute? I can't believe she is already a year old! For her birthday I made her the little dolly using a kit from Joy's Waldorf Dolls. I really like how it turned out!
doll flat
It took me a while to figure out how to do the stringing, but once I figured it out, the doll was done in a jiffy! Next time I am going to put the buttons on the inside of the doll. unclothed dolly
She sits up nicely and I love how the boucle yarn gave her curls. I admit that I have no idea how I managed to crochet the cap with all the tiny loops in the yarn. I'm sure there are lots of errors and I certainly didn't follow the directions. I just kept going around and trying it on the doll's head periodically.
9" button
I made her little outfit today, and I am counting it as the first sewing of the year! It was an interesting pattern. It was not a "normal" sleeper pattern, but it was designed so it could be sewing flat, even though it didn't look like it could at first glance. I love the little heart elastic I used to finish the arms and neck. It used such a tiny bit of fabric I couldn't decide how to record it. I'm not even sure it required a fat quarter...

No comments: