Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting moving...

I have all but two birds done, and the machine sewing done for my Baby Companion doll. I will need to make "matching" outfits for the new baby and the doll. I found the perfect basket to make a moses basket type bed for the baby...just need to buy it when I get to Joann's this week! I need to work on a few more outfits for my older girl's 18" doll, and make a Robin costume for my son. I am pondering dyeing some play silks for my youngest...

Other things on my list to sew...a silk sling, if I can find the right color brown silk. I found the brocade last time, but I stopped carrying my youngest in the sling around the same time, lol! I need to make a new baby girl outfit for coming home in (and maybe a new boy one too, since I don't really like the zipper in the last one I made...I have plenty of the same fabric so I can still use the little jacket that goes with it!). I need to go through my diaper stash and figure out if I need any more covers or tiny diapers too.

My oldest girl needs a new warm dress. The problem? She can wear a size 3 around...but needs a 7 or so long. And she wants a DRESS, not a jumper. I have been meaning to make matching jumpers for the girls, but if she won't wear one, I probably shouldn't bother... I also want to make them dresses for the IL's Christmas party. They need to be comfortable, and they also need to be cool...their house is the reason that they make little girls Christmas dresses with short sleeves! I have some crushed panne that will work, just need to modify a shirt pattern into an A-line dress and I will be all set.

Christmas is coming apace...and I am due the week after! It is a good thing that the sewing bug is itching again...

No comments: