So, in order to give you the background details, I have to post some pictures. I started with this $2 remnant.
It is only 18" around. So I was going to make my 2yo a dress. But it was really too long to do that, so I figured I would make something for my 7yo instead. So I went hunting in my stash and my sister's stash. I found some more fabric that would coordinate.The plaid wasn't perfect. But it was a stash project, right?
Then I got the brilliant idea that I would make coordinating dresses for all three of my girls, and of course I didn't have enough fabric. So I went shopping and came home with this.
Sigh. And that is how my $2 remnant grew into a Very Expensive Remnant Project that involved the purchase of ~5 yards of additional fabric. The good news is that since I didn't use it last year, surely it must count as stash for this year ;)
3 comments:
You know, I just had to comment because, again, I stumbled upon this while doing something else. I think I am your "fan". :)
PS. In fact, by virtue of the fact that I am sitting here typing to you, I could start a blog called ANOTHER Procrastinating Housewife".
Lol about your new blog ;) I always need new procrastination material! I got one of the dresses done for Pentecost. Though I need to re-do the top since the sleeves measurements were off.
Post a Comment