![]() |
| (Please ignore the crazy expressions. This was the best picture of the dresses!) |
Monday, May 14, 2012
Finally!
So, way back in 2009, I embarked on the Very Expensive Remnant Project. I started with 19" of black smocking. Now, all the way in 2012, I have completed it. The ironic thing? Not a single inch of the original 19" remnant was actually used in the completed dresses...
Ladybug's dress was actually done a couple years ago, but the other dresses didn't get finished at that time, and since she grew, hers has been transformed into a skirt. I added another girl to the family last year, so had to make another dress. I ended up purchasing MORE of the black smocking fabric (obviously), but still had plenty of the prints to go around and then some. As I was finishing up the last of the dresses, and bemoaning the fact that I didn't actually use the original remnant in the finished dresses, I realized that they are just the right size for some matching dolly dresses. However, I'm declaring the project completed, since if I wait until the doll dresses
are done and photographed, it will probably be 2014 or something like
that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment