My latest project (mostly completed) is a coordinating outfit for my neice. I wanted stripes, and
fast! So, as I was shopping my favorite store, Meijer's, I found XL shirts in coordinating solids and stripes on clearance! So I snatched them up and went to work. I traced out cute patterns from the latest Ottobre in size 62cm for the shirts and modified a previously traced pair of leggings (Spring 2005, I think!). I added the beanie from the current issue and I was ready to start cutting.
After painstakingly cutting the shirts apart, I tried to figure out what pieces I could fit where to make the most of my fabric. I was disappointed that the raglan sleeves on the solids weren't big enough for leggings, so I was limited to one pair of striped pants from the sleeves. But, two sleeves were big enough to fit all but the back of the wrap shirt, so the first coordinates were decided.Then I had a green shirt to work with, and I wanted to incorporate the stripes into that shirt and hat. So I fidgeted around, and fit that together. I also wanted to make a dress with a striped shirt, so I had to work around the pieces that I had left. I won't say that my stripes match in any fashion, but they still look cute! I figured out that the dark brown stripes match material I have left from my other recently finished project, so I have another set of leggings cut out from that fabric (with proposed striped cuffs), along with the dress. However, since I didn't want to change my white serger thread, I still have those sitting on my sewing table waiting for me to change the thread.
1 comment:
How clever! As if I needed another way to stash fabric! ;)
Post a Comment