I spent today wrapping the gifts that are finished, and beginning to package the packages to mail. I need to print off labels for the packages so they can be all ready for my husband to drop off at the post office in early December.
I still need some paper for my Christmas cards, but that should be coming this week and they should be all done by next weekend. I really should rough out our Christmas letter to be appended after this babe arrives. I finally think I know what I am doing for the baby announcements, and just need to make sure I get the pictures printed the correct size!
I still need to make something for my niece (I was going to do a doll, but may wait until Catherine's shoe pattern arrives and make her some shoes instead) and finish the shawl I am knitting for my husband's grandmother. I had quite a bit knitted, but didn't like how it was turning out. I tore it all out and started over and am slowly making progress. I need to spend time with my feet up to counteract my ankle swelling (which knocks out sewing since I don't have a knee pedal on my machine!) so I am working on it then.
Unfortuately I haven't really gotten started on my kiddo's dress up stuff. I now have all the fabric and notions I need, so that is my next sewing task to begin! I am going to do a prince/princess set, pirate hats and bandanas (maybe pants...I got some lovely candy striped fabric that would work for that!), indian/cowboy vests and if I get even half of that done, I will be happy! I do need to make one small apron too, since I have all the baking pans for the baking kit my daughter is getting!
All of these other tasks to complete (along with the baby sewing I need to do) has pushed Christmas outfits WAY down the list. But hey, if the baby comes late, they may still get done ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment