Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finally: UFO progress!

So, today I had a ped appointment, and had a good reason to go to the fabric store on the way home...I needed to get some micro fleece for liners for baby's diapers. She has a contact rash and has for a while now...sposies don't help, but fleece liners seem to. So, I made my first trip of the YEAR to the fabric store. I am quite impressed with myself! Even more impressive is that I got out of there with only the fabric that I intended to purchase upon entering. Of course, after I got home I remembered that I had some perfectly good lilac microfleece in my stash! Oh well, I won't penalize myself too much since it was washed and cut into liners before she woke up from her afternoon nap. I also purchased 2 yards of army green twill to make a baby carrier. I didn't have any suitable fabric in my stash, and it will go well with my camo nursing shirt...if I ever get around to making that ;)

While all three kids were napping (small miracle!) I dashed down to my sewing room and started sewing. I did not allow myself to be hampered by the fact that I needed to change the thread on the sewing machine and the serger. I set my teeth and changed them both over to white. I fixed the two diaper covers that I need...two covers is not enough at this stage! I serged the edges of the flannel swaddling blanket, finished a pair of pants that I had started to make for my niece and thought that they might fit now (they don't...I think they are size 50 cm wide and 62 cm long...my baby definitly needs size 62 wide too!), started a dress that has been sitting around since I started this blog, and mended two things in my mending pile. Now that they are all in bed again...I am off to change my thread again, after I finish the other diaper cover UFO...

No comments: