This month has been dedicated to getting my sewing room in shape. I have put myself on a fabric diet, and mean to lose 100 yards (either giving it away or using it up) by the end of February. So far I have made good progress! I have given away 42 yards and have another 40 in my pile to give away. I have sewn up 2 nursing shirts and used up 3 yards. Of course, this diet will merely eliminate a small portion of my stash!
Here is a gallery of my sewing room as it was the beginning of the month. It is a largish closet under the stairs in the basement. I could wish for some better lighting, but I am content to have a permanent home for my sewing so that sew more...or I would if I could see my sewing table! It is currently even more of a tornado zone, but hopefully by the end of the month will be put back together in a neater fashion. I have a trash can full of scraps to get rid of, along with two 66qt tubs of fabric/notions to evacuate as part of my diet! I have organized my elastic, ribbon and lace stash, and re-organized my tubs of fabric. Once one of my "diet" tubs is emptied, I should be able to organize my shelves more effectively. I'll take pictures when I get it all back in place!
No comments:
Post a Comment