Saturday, March 24, 2007

A multitude of projects...

I sewed together the muslin for the Simplicity shirt, but have decided that it was difficult to do the FBA on pieces that look so bizzare. It looks okay, but I don't like the lack of coverage for nursing. So I took the overlay off, and put it together as just a crossover top and it works great for another pj shirt...

I am working on an envelope shirt. It is almost done and will come with a paisley warning if I ever get a pic of it. I had to take the sideseams in a smidge, but I think it will work well. Also in the pipe line are two RTW shirts to be combined into a double layer nursing shirt. I have wanted a nursing polo for a while, and found a polo + t-shirt in the same shade of green to make into a single shirt.

Next on the sewing list are the curtains for under our bar counter so that the beer my husband brews will be stored in a dark place. I had to get lining material today and the cutter looked a bit puzzled when I told her I was making curtains for my husband's beer...While I am at it, I will have to finish up the curtains for our bedroom (they have been waiting for hems since January 2006) since I am using the rest of the material to make the beer curtains.

After that I need to figure out what I am wearing for Easter. I think I am going to make a new skirt out of a linen blend print that I have in my stash if I can find the right apricot/watermelon color knit for a shirt. Joann's has one that is close, though I would prefer a touch of lycra in the fabric for an envelope shirt. Only 2 weeks to sew for that! Also for Easter, my baby needs a dress. My eldest is wearing the flower girl dress my niece wore in our wedding. We found the scraps (yeah, 7 years later. I come from a long line of fabric horders!) but don't have quite enough of the rainbow fabric to make a baby dress. We do have some of the curtain lace left for an apron to coordinate with the pinafore though! I am going to use the solids that coordinated with the rainbow to make a striped skirt for a tiny dress.

THEN, after all that sewing, I need some pants. I am going to use Ottobre 3/2004 women's pants for the jumping off point, since they have a slightly lower waist and aren't baggy. I think it will be easier to make them (zipper and all!) than to find RTW pants that fit with three kids in tow. Heck, I couldn't do it with one kid and a baby holder!

No comments: