Sunday, September 02, 2007

Planning the next sewing surge

The last few days I have been pondering my stash of kids clothes and wondering what my munchkins need for when cooler weather stays. I have also been looking at what my wardrobe for fall consists of, and what I feel like wearing these days. I am still dropping down to a pre-pregnancy weight (Sloooooooowly. But the needle is falling. I think I almost weight less then dh again, lol!) so what I wore the fall before I got pregnant with Zoe is not all wearable yet.


The other day I went to Children's Place and splurged on matching tights for the girls. I then headed to Joanns to get some matching corduroy. Of course, my store was out of the fine whale in the color that I needed, so I got a non-whaled cord that was heavier. So I can't do the twirl skirts I was planning on. I am going to do matching jumpers instead, I think. I like these tights, because the tops are striped, so even if I make a crawling length skirt, she still has a cute covering on her bottom.


Today I started the great turnover in my sewing room. All the summery fabric that I never got around to sewing is going back into the tubs, and the fall/winter fabric (from last year's unsewn projects) is coming back out. During my shopping spree, I picked up a cute long denim skirt. I am planning on making a couple more skirts for daily wear this fall, and it will be a good model for me. I have an olive green cord that I got to make a long wrap skirt but I haven't gotten around to making it in the two or three years that I have had the fabric. This fall will be perfect, since I probably won't be getting pregnant!

I also have some cute cord for the girls. I am not sure how much I will use, since there are only so many dresses that they can use in one year, and Zoe already has plenty. Anastasia is getting taller, so she will need one or two. She hasn't gotten any bigger around though, so her Ottobre shirts are going to be 92 or 98 wide, and 116 long! Anastasia did say she did want a play skirt, so I could use some of the plaid that I got to make her a "uniform".

This year all my sewing needs to be fitted in around Anastasia's school. We started last week, and she wants to know when we are going to do school, even on the weekend!

No comments: