I had my mom come over to help me fit the dress. I haven't figured out how to pin myself in the back of a dress yet! I did some work on my paper tape double, but since her bust is about 4" smaller than mine now, even a well padded bra wasn't going to give quite the same effect!I need to re-adjust the front piece. My quick and dirty method worked, but I need to have a little less fullness at the neckline, so I need to slash and spread. I need to lengthen the front even more! I added a waistband, that I am going to take out since I don't like how it looks. I need the length though, so I am going to add the extra 2" to the bodice pieces.
For the nursing access, my mom and I decided that I probably can get away with making the front layer free at the side seams and put buttons or snaps there instead of the drawstring. That will be easier to fasten back together, since I haven't found any decorative cord locks yet.
I have narrowed down my stash fabric choices to a piece of watermelon fabric. I am not sure what it is since it is from my SIL, but it is fairly thin and textured like grosgrain ribbon. I will be making the dress shorter, since I am attending an afternoon wedding, not a costume ball!
No comments:
Post a Comment