Monday, February 25, 2008

Argh!

I was happily sewing away on my twill skirt, and finished up all the top stitching. THEN I tried it on. It was too big! One one hand, I am happy it is too big, since that means my weight loss has had some effect, but NOT happy that I didn't try it on before finishing up the top stitching...

Fortunately, my mom came over today and helped me pin out the extra (in the back) so now I can take it in (and only have to tear out an inch or two of the top stitching, since I have to take out quite a bit). Then I can put the waistband on and hem it up and I will have another skirt to wear! I need to make sure to note how much I took out since I like the skirt and will probably make another one in linen for springtime.

No comments: