Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I caved...sorta

I went to Joann Fabrics for the first time this year.

I did stick pretty closely to my list, so I can't feel too badly! I needed to look up the directions for my Burda skirt. They had ONE copy of the pattern left, so I wrote down the confusing part. I would never have guessed the construction order, so it was good that I looked it up! I also have my topstiching thread and a zipper so I can finish it up.

I am planning the spring dresses for my girls. I have the perfect fabrics for each of them, but they both needed a lining/under dress fabric. The oldest is going to have a pink lace dress (she Loves pink) with a pink crepe under dress from a Burda pattern that I made for her 4 years ago. She is such a skinny thing that the dress will still fit if I add to the length. The youngest will have a pink dotted swiss dress from an Ottobre pattern. I found a matching batiste to under line it. I am not sold on the petals with the dotted swiss, but it will be cute even if I leave them off. My oldest is disappointed that they won't be matching, but I don't think I have enough of either of the fabrics to do it. They are almost exactly the same color, so that should be worth something!

The only thing that jumped into my cart that wasn't on my list was some yellow knit in the clearance section...but I figured it will make a lovely nightgown!

No comments: