Friday, September 26, 2008

Did a bit of sewing...

I have not been getting in gear like I need to! However, days are getting colder and I have three shirts that fit...and my favorite casual pants just died. I am not surprised...I got them used when I was pregnant with my first baby over 6 years ago now!

My grandma came to visit with her sewing machine that does much better buttonholes than mine so we could sew up a blouse from Burda 7889 and use her machine for the buttonholes. However, canning was bogging me down before she got here, so I didn't get it put together before she came. We got it cut out and sewed together enough to make sure it fit before she took it back home with her. So now she is stuck with assembling the collar and cuffs. She will do a much better job than I will!

I made up a muslin of Ottobre's shirred side shirt. It needs some work. I cheated and traced a 40, but I should have done a FBA on a 36, I think. Though I will need the belly room of the 40 in another month or two! The neck is way too wide, and the shirring is not in the right place. I really like the style, though, so I will be playing with the pattern and seeing if I can fix it without too much trouble. I have the leggings traced, but don't know if I have a good knit for them yet.

After I get another shirt or two made, I need to haul out some bottom weight material and make another couple bottoms. This time I am figuring out how to put in some pockets! I neeeeeeed pockets and I don't have any in the underbelly things that I have made.

No comments: