The first UFO of the year has been completed. This one has been aging for a while. Remember the year I sewed aprons for Christmas gifts? Yeah. That was way back in 2006. I cut one out for me (Simplicity 4282, view B). I didn't hurry and get it done because I was pregnant, and a half apron isn't terribly practical when your belly keeps expanding. I'll have to scare up the camera and take a picture. It coordinates with my oldest daughter's apron that got done a long time ago. Good thing she is skinny and it still fits!
I would have had the apron done a few days ago, but I am busy knitting booties. Our parish is hosting a fundraiser for one of our local pregnancy help centers, and they wanted some booties to decorate that will then be donated to the center. A mom asked me to help her novice knitter daughters (11 and 13) to make some, so I have been hunting for a fairly easy bootie pattern that can be knit on not terribly tiny needles. I finally found a good starting point in this book that my grandma picked up for me at the thrift store. There are some absolutely adorable tiny shoes in there! The one thing that drives me crazy is that it doesn't list a yardage for the yarn type. I suppose I could have googled to find out, but I just started knitting. Four pairs of booties later, I have a decent idea of how to make them a good size for the yarn I have. I also found this pattern that I think is adorable! I happened to have that yarn handy even. I think. The label on that one went missing. In between the ones I'm going to donate, I'm knitting up a pair for a friend who just had a little girl. I mean, how many pairs of lilac mary janes will one place want to give away?
1 comment:
I love that you have a blog :)
Post a Comment