fabric, of course. It is a very odd feeling, since I don't usually make blue things. However, today I hemmed two blue dresses and sewed the majority of a blue skirt. I need to let the half circle skirt hang overnight and find an accomplice tomorrow to get the hem marked. I just need to remember to take it with me to my mom's group...someone there should be willing to help! As much as I really don't like blue, the skirt is really quite pretty. And since I managed to draft a curved waistband to go with it, I may make myself one or two more skirts out of stash.
I successfully located a RTW top to go with it at Kohl's, though I need to find a bright white camisole to go under it, since the one that it came with is almost as sheer as my dress overlay. That is to say, Amelia Peabody would be wearing her combinations under it, so I had better do so as well. All I have left to sew is the tiny dress for my toddler, and we will be a matching family. My mom finished up my son's tie (blue, of course!) and watched my kids so I could get a chunk of the sewing done, which was wonderful, and much more efficient than doing it late at night while half asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment