Here is Ladybug on her special day. Her dress was neither too puffy nor to long. It had the all important sleeves, and she really liked that you could see her arms, for some reason.
Here you can see her veil better. It was her cousin's and it almost didn't make it to church. Thankfully I took a couple minutes to start the coffee before I left and I was still home when they called to say she had left it on the table!
The satin was left over from my wedding dress, as was the lace detail at the neck. I used McCalls 2590 for the base pattern, but we didn't want the sleeves, and the bodice was WAY too wide for her. The sleeves and armholes came from Simplicity 5645, while the bodice came from Burda 9757, though I had to lengthen it, and we added the back darts from the McCalls bodice pattern too. The skirt overlay was pleated over the top of the circle skirt. She was quite adamant about not having a puffy skirt, but I need to maintain the integrity of the scallops of the overlay, preferably without adding lots of seams. By only pleating the soft overlay, I managed to eliminate too much "puff".
No comments:
Post a Comment