Saturday, March 05, 2011

I've been sewing!

An extra large flannel blanket, a teething doll,and a crochet turtle rattle
Well, mending, with a little bit of sewing tossed in. I did actually do some sewing last month for a shower gift for my SIL who is expecting her first baby. I then needed to clear off my sewing table, so I took in 6 pairs of pants for my skinny girls. I also patched a favorite pair of jeans for my 4yo this morning. I have been playing with my super lingerie fabric that I bought a year or so ago. I desperately need some more underwear, and finally got the elastic to finish the partially made pair that has been sitting in my "to finish/mend/alter" basket for well over a year. I would have just picked up a different bit of elastic, but these already had elastic on one leg, so I had to go get the same kind. I have another silky pair cut out, along with another Sweet Blossom cami. I went with a size up on the cami, along with the pregnancy alterations, to see if that size will work better with my growing figure. If the cami fits right, I'm going to make a few more in cotton/lycra blend to go with my flannel pj pants that I need to make. Then I will be able to go to bed without my belly hanging out for the next couple months and be all ready to nurse when the baby comes! I have some yummy organic cotton/spandex jersey to make a few more pairs of undies too, once I see if my alterations on that pattern work well. I guess I need some cutting time after my next sewing session!

No comments: