Monday, July 07, 2008

Wow, that was a long break!

I am finally pondering sewing again! I had a great plan, but all sewing desire was evaporated by the advent of morning sickness. Now that I am in my 2nd trimester and outgrowing my clothes, the sewing bug is back. I have two weddings to go to in the next month, so I need to get moving! I am appalled at the current mumu styling of dresses in general, and think they translate badly into maternity wear for some reason...

I like the style of Burda 8377, but don't want to buy yet another maternity pattern. I have Simplicity 5756, and since I am not really far along, I think the smooth belly will be more flattering. I am going to change the sleeves to be shorter like the Burda ones, since that will be more "in style". My current stash choices are a scarlet rayon, or a very light cotton in spring green with a teal boarder. I did get some money for my birthday and may splurge on something else if the muslin in one of those doesn't work well. I also have a wrap pattern from McCalls (OOP, like all their maternity patterns!) that I haven't used either, and I may try that in a linen blend, since I have plenty of that in my stash too.

No comments: