Sunday, March 15, 2009

Almost fitted!

I have been wanting to make some more nursing shirts, and wanted to play with my new pattern software. I was fiddling around with it this weekend, and think I have a working pattern. I used my Curves software and the leotard draft. Now, I haven't figure out how to do anything with the pattern editing stuff, but I got a much better fit with the leotard than I did with the knit shirt sloper. I'll have to ask at the forums what went wrong (or if the armhole is supposed to be as huge as it is or if it was because I was 9 months pregnant when I took my measurements...), but I was too impatient to wait until I could take pics and get feedback. The leotard drafts with a back seam, but I wanted more ease around my midsection, so cutting it out on the fold added a bit in the waist area without adding extra bulk. I left the side seams slightly contoured, and need to fix the hip area (too much curve), but other than that I should be able to whip up a couple shirts in no time, which is good, because I am getting tired of wearing the same three shirts...

No comments: