Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The First Step

to any sewing project around here is cleaning the sewing room up from all the half started, or even just though of, projects that are out. It also happens to be time for the great swap (i.e. pack away all the winter fabric that never got sewn up!). I also couldn't find any tape measures...

So today I had two sleeping smalls, and two other occupied smalls, so dove in. I started pulling all the fabric off my shelves, and found the missing fabric that I had intended to make the girl's Christmas dresses, along with two of my tape measures. I put the tape measures away securely, so that I can find them later this week when I need to plug new measurements into my wild ginger softwear so I can figure out how to draft a nursing top that will fit. I now need to find space in my containers for the fabric that needs to be packed up, preferably without totally filling up my shelves so I lose the fabric that is out at the moment...

No comments: