Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter clothes

So, approaching the point of very pregnant, I have nothing to wear that I haven't been wearing for the last 5 months. Of those 10 items, none of them are spring colored or dressy. I went shopping, so see if I could maybe find something suitable to wear for Easter, but there was nothing remotely flattering available. *I* am perfectly capable of sewing something that looks like a tent in an afternoon. And I have fabric in nicer colors in my stash. I picked up a gauze skirt at a thrift shop that I am going to convert into a maternity skirt, and I have a floral print knit that will work for a top. Ironically, it will probably be the same top that I gave away at the end of last pregnancy. I just need some time to cut them out. I'll probably end up sewing them on Good Friday, or at 11:30 pm on Holy Saturday, but I'm sure they'll be done in time.

I need to take in the armholes of my oldest girl's dress, and my second girl was happy to pull out one of her older sister's dresses. I need to find something for my youngest girl, but again, I have plenty of stash and patterns that will fit. I pulled out some cute coordinating Daisy Kingdom fabric that has been aging for quite a while in my stash in case I need it.

No comments: