Friday, June 24, 2011

Help me choose!

I need something to wear for my brother's wedding. It will probably coincide with the typical 6 week growth spurt which involves LOTS of nursing. I am one of the readers for the wedding. So I need something that is dressy and very nursing friendly! I was thinking of a black and white print. I found these options at Fashion Fabrics Club.
ITY knit #1
ITY knit #2

Rayon/lycra knit #3
(I won't really look great in black and white. But I think colored knit prints are less dressy, and the wedding party will be in black, and my girls are wearing pink and white.)



 The first two options are ITY knits (poly/lycra blends) and the third is a rayon/lycra knit. I'm not sure how well the third option will work for a skirt.




Chiffon print #4
I can make a skirt and top in one of these knits. OR I can make a black (or white, though I think it might look too much like a t-shirt in just plain white) top to pair with a skirt made with a black and white print, like the chiffon one. I can probably bind the neck and sleeves with the opposite color to make it less "t-shirt" looking.

The shirt pattern I have that fits is an envelope style top with short puffed sleeves (here is the flicker set with mediocre pictures of the shirt). I will probably go with a gored knit skirt or an A line chiffon one. 

I need help choosing! So if you think one of the prints is more formal or will lend itself to my options better, leave me a comment and let me know which one it is. I would prefer to have a more "hip" outfit this time, so if any of the prints is outdated, let me know that too. I'd be happy to have other options if you know of the perfect print somewhere else. My budget is limited, so $20/yard prints are out, as is anything that won't get here within 10 days...I would like a few days to sew before the wedding!

1 comment:

Angela said...

#1 is my favorite. It has a tropical feel to it while the colors still make it dressy. I have purchsed ITY knit before and like it. It drapes well, washes well, and breathes okay for poly.