I need to finalize my plans for the wedding. I'm now looking at a black dress with a colored scarf. Though I am tempted by this Fabric.com knit as well. Oh, and this one, and this one...too many choices! I'll update when I actually make a decision.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Urgh.
I was all set to get sewing and I realized that the flower girl dress will need to be lined. And I haven't any white lining fabric in my stash. And it was too late to dash over to the fabric store before they closed, of course!
However, since I did have a cooperative babe (i.e., sleeping), I took a bit of time to think about what *I* will wear, and after a bit of diving in my pattern stash to combine a dress pattern with the shirt pattern, I have successfully made a prototype knit nursing dress. And it is a wearable one, out of stash, so I should get double points, yes? I used Simplicity 4697 (oop) and added some sleeves. I changed the bottom front part of the dress to a whole underlay with a deep vee for nursing access and bound the bottom edge of the bodice. Other than the fact that I will require some support garment under the dress since I am still a squishy 4 weeks pp, it looks pretty darn good.
I need to finalize my plans for the wedding. I'm now looking at a black dress with a colored scarf. Though I am tempted by this Fabric.com knit as well. Oh, and this one, and this one...too many choices! I'll update when I actually make a decision.
I need to finalize my plans for the wedding. I'm now looking at a black dress with a colored scarf. Though I am tempted by this Fabric.com knit as well. Oh, and this one, and this one...too many choices! I'll update when I actually make a decision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment