Friday, June 24, 2011

Shirt progress

I made it to Joanns and got the final few notions I need to finish sewing the girl's dresses. Of course, I needed to do a size check, and remembered that well after the small person in question was in bed. So I had a good excuse to finish sewing up my shirt! I messed up the sleeves a bit, but it appears that the shirt will fit nicely. I may even need to make it slightly smaller for my "real" fabric since it will have more stretch to it than the knit I am using. However, this will count as a wearable muslin, which is why I am tearing out the clear elastic in the sleeve caps and putting it in again so that the shoulders aren't gathered up. I should have a new shirt to wear before the afternoon is out. And heaven knows that I need it...I have only have three short sleeved nursing tops and it has been hot!

No comments: