Thursday, June 16, 2011

Upcoming sewing

Now that I have a bundle to nurse, I have to turn my attention to the fact that my brother's wedding is in a month, and start sewing wedding clothes! I pulled out the pattern for the flower girl dress, and somehow the bodice pieces have gone missing. So I either need to get a new copy of the pattern, or find them! I have another pattern that will work too, but I wanted to use my tried and true one...

Ladybug is not in this wedding. She was going to wear an old flower girl dress (in the same pattern, of course!), but she has grown too much. We debated the color of her dress, and decided she could wear pink. She prefers HOT pink, of course. We found a mutually agreed upon cotton, and her dress is all cut out. (Her pattern was missing a skirt piece. I must have some pattern brownies in my sewing room...)

The youngest two girls already have pink and white dresses to wear. And my son's Easter outfit was chosen with an eye towards this wedding. I should see if my husband's suit needs to be cleaned...

I need to finish sewing my nursing shirt that I cut out a while ago, and see if it fits. I aquired some rayon/spandex knit to make another shirt if it does (or if it almost does...it was a bit too stable of a knit to try it with). If that works, I can make a shirt for myself out of that pattern (in a different color). If it doesn't, I have no idea what I am going to do. This will be the second wedding where I am reading and have a nursling. I really want to look a bit better this time than I did last time!

No comments: